- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins chilling, plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 50 g bread, crusts trimmed
- 100 ml milk
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery
- a small bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 400 g minced veal
- 400 g minced pork
- 2 eggs
- 200 g parmesan, finely grated
- black pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 slices of cooked ham
- 100 ml dry white wine
- salad leaves, tossed with a lemon dressing
1. Soak the bread in the milk. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the carrot, celery, parsley, minced veal and minced pork.
3. Break in the eggs and mix in, together with the Parmesan. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Drain the soaked bread and mix into the veal mixture.
4. Place half of the veal mixture in a roasting tray lined with baking parchment.
5. Place the hard-boiled eggs on the veal, spacing them evenly apart. Cover with the remaining veal mixture, Shape the mince mixture into an oval-shaped meatloaf. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas 3.
7. Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour 30 minutes. Twenty minutes before the meatloaf has completed cooking, pour over the white wine and layer the ham slices over the meatloaf.
8. Once the meatloaf has completed cooking let it cool down slightly. Slice it and serve it with salad leaves tossed with a lemon dressing.
Rate This Recipe