- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1-2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tsp curry paste, medium
- 1 limes, juiced and finely zested
- 50 g honey, thick
- 0.5 onions, chopped
- 2 duck legs
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Cut the pomegranate in half and scoop all the seeds into a large bowl.
2. Add the curry paste and stir well to combine. Add the lime juice and zest, honey and chopped onion. Stir thoroughly.
3. Cut several slashes into the duck legs. Place the duck legs into the pomegranate mixture and coat well. Ensure the marinade covers the duck totally, then cover with cling film and marinate in the refrigerator in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
4. Heat a lidded ovenproof frying pan until hot, then add the duck legs, taking care to scrape off most of the marinade, reserving the marinade.
5. Brown for 1-2 minutes on each side then pour over the marinade. Cover with a lid and place in the oven to roast for 45 minutes.
6. Serve with creamy mashed potato and the sauce spooned over.
Rate This Recipe