- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g ground walnuts
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 golden plums, (optional), stones removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 whole chicken breast fillets
- ï¿½ large onions, diced
- ï¿½ tsp turmeric
- ï¿½ tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 200ml fresh pomegranate juice, r store bought (unsweetened)
- 3ï¿½ tbsp pomegranate molasses, Persian brand)
- 1ï¿½ tbsp brown sugar
- ï¿½ tsp ground cinnamon
- few drops of beetroot extract, optional)
1. Place the walnuts in a heavy saucepan over a medium heat and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or so, until lightly toasted.
2. Lower the heat slightly, add the chicken stock, the stock cube and the plums and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. In a separate large saucepan or casserole dish, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the chicken on all sides to seal. Add the onions, turmeric and pepper.
4. Add the walnut mixture to the chicken, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
5. Stir in the pomegranate juice, pomegranate molasses, sugar, and cinnamon and cook for 20 minutes more.
6. Just before serving, add the beetroot dye. Serve with rice.
Rate This Recipe