- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.25 kg jersey royal potatoes, peeled
- 3 tsp rosemary, very finely chopped
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 50 g wild rocket, washed
- 35 g shelled walnuts
- 25 g blanched flaked almonds
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 8 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Grease a 20-25cm square ovenproof dish.
2. Slice the potatoes quite thinly. Layer the potatoes into the ovenproof dish, sprinkling each layer with a pinch of salt, a grind of pepper, and a little of the rosemary. Use 2 tsp of the stock powder to make up some stock with 250ml boiling water. Pour this over the potatoes so that the stock comes about half way up the potatoes.
3. Use a little of the oil to brush the top of the potatoes. Cover tightly with foil and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes, until the potatoes are soft. Remove the foil and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes to colour the top slightly.
4. Meanwhile, put the rocket, walnuts, almonds, garlic, oil, vinegar and remaining stock powder and rosemary into a liquidizer and blend until you have a soft paste.
5. When the potatoes are cooked, poach the eggs. Serve the eggs on top of each portion of potatoes, with the pesto spooned on the side.
© The Vegetarian Society (recipe created by the Cordon Vert cookery school) www.vegsoc.org
Rate This Recipe