- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g potatoes, thinly sliced
- 225 g butter, melted
- black pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Cook this in a cast-iron, heavy-bottomed, stubby-handled frying pan that goes in the oven. Traditionally it should be lidded - mine isn't, so I use greaseproof paper.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Put the potato slices in a colander and rinse under running water to get rid of the starch. Place on a cloth in a single layer and pat dry.
3. Generously grease the base of an ovenproof pan or baking dish with melted butter.
4. Arrange the potato slices in the pan in overlapping circles , brushing butter over each layer and seasoning as you go.
5. Cover with greaseproof paper or a lid. Bake in the oven for 45minutes or up to 1 hour. Test with a skewer to see if the potatoes are done.
Rate This Recipe