- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chopped thyme, leaves
- 25 g dried porcini, mushrooms, soaked in warm water until soft
- 1 X 400 g tin chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 X 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- 150 g spinach, chopped
- 50 g grated parmesan, to serve
1. Heat a heavy-based saucepan, add the olive oil and garlic and cook until the garlic is soft.
2. Add the thyme, porcini and tomatoes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and a cup of water and cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Blanch the spinach in a pan of boiling, salted water for 30 seconds. Drain and roughly chop.
4. Add the blanched spinach to the soup and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Serve in bowls with some grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate This Recipe