- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 mins soaking time
- Effort: medium
- 25 g dried porcini
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 100 g butter, cold
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 350 g fresh button mushrooms
- 400 g Carnaroli risotto rice
- 60 g parmesan, freshly grated
1. Soak dried porcini in small bowl of warm water for 20 minutes, then chop into small pieces and reserve the soaking water to add to the risotto later.
2. Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a small pan and keep simmering while you make the risotto.
3. Melt half the butter in a large, heavy pan and add onion. Cook until soft but not coloured. Add fresh button mushrooms and chopped porcini and cook for a couple of minutes. Then add rice and stir to coat every grain with the butter until the rice goes opaque.
4. Start adding the stock and the porcini soaking water, ladle by ladle, allowing all the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next. Keep stirring all the time. Carry on adding stock and stirring until rice is creamy but still just al dente, about 25 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 1 minute then season and beat in the remaining cold butter and the parmesan. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe