- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 15 g dried porcini, mushrooms
- 4 x 90 g thin-cut beef fillet or sirloin steaks
- olive oil, for brushing rösti
- 1 large (around 380g) potato, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 50 g butter, melted
- vegetable oil, for frying
1. Place the porcini and 1 tbsp salt in the bowl of a small food processor and process until mixture is a fine powder. Set aside.
2. To make the rösti: place the potato, rosemary, butter and salt in a bowl and mix to combine. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a little oil and a quarter of the potato mixture. Spread the mixture to a thin pancake. Cook for 34 minutes each side or until crisp. Repeat with remaining mixture and keep warm.
3. To make the steaks: brush the steaks with oil and sprinkle with porcini salt. Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 1 minute each side. Serve with extra porcini salt and rösti.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe