- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the koftas
- 250 g minced pork
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 bunches sage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 Bramley apple
- salt and black pepper, to season
For the rice
- 100 g long grain rice
- 60 g almonds
- 80 g sultanas
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 40 g butter, melted
1. Soak 6-8 bamboo skewers in warm water for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Combine the minced pork with the breadcrumbs, egg yolks, chopped sage, garlic and onion.
3. Grate the apple; wrap in a clean cloth, and squeeze out any excess moisture. Add to the pork mixture, along with the seasoning.
4. Mould the meat mixture in a sausage-like shape around each of the bamboo skewers.
5. Heat a ridged grill pan with a dash of olive oil. Add the skewers and cook the kebabs for about 5 minutes, until browned, turning the sticks frequently
6. Transfer the pork sticks to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until they're tender.
7. While the pork is cooking, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the rice. Boil until the grains are tender, before draining in a colander.
8. In a separate bowl, combine the almonds, sultanas and parsley with the melted butter. Fold this mixture into the warm boiled rice. Serve the koftas straight from the oven, accompanied with the rice.
Rate This Recipe