- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pork and beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped herbs, rosemary, thyme, parsley
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 x 400 g plum tomatoes
- 1 x 400 g can borlotti beans
- 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans
- leftover roast pork, chopped up
For the kale with anchovy and chilli dressing
- 50 g can tinned anchovies
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 handfuls basil
- 1/2 small red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 500 g curly kale, cooked until just tender and tossed in butter
1. For the pork and beans: over a gentle heat cook the onion in the olive oil until soft and translucent. Stir in the garlic, herbs and chilli powder.
2. Add the tomatoes, beans and pork and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the pork has warmed through.
3. For the kale with anchovy and chilli dressing: put all of the ingredients except the kale into a blender and whiz until completely smooth and creamy.
4. Arrange the kale on a large serving plate and drizzle over the dressing. Any leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
5. Serve the pork and beans with the dressed kale.
Rate This Recipe