- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 70 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 60 ml milk
- 750 g minced pork
- 1 100g piece flat pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- olive oil, for cooking
- crusty bread, olive tapenade, sliced tomato and rocket (arugula) leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4.
2. Using a pestle and mortar, lightly crush the fennel seeds and salt. Place the breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl and stand for 5 minutes. Add the mince, pancetta, parsley and fennel-salt mixture and mix well for 2'3 minutes or until mixture comes together. Shape small handfuls of the mixture into balls.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a little oil to the pan and cook the meatballs, in batches, until well browned on all sides.
4. Place on a baking tray and bake for 5'7 minutes or until cooked through. Serve the meatballs with crusty bread, olive tapenade, sliced tomato and rocket leaves.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe