- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the bubble and squeak
- 900 g potatoes
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- splashes milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 15 ml vegetable oil
For the sausages
- 450 g pork and tomato sausages
- 1 bunches cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Place into a pan, cover with water and boil for about 15 minutes until soft. During the last 8-10 minutes add the cabbage. Drain and mash with a splash of milk and a knob of butter. Stir through the wholegrain mustard. Allow to cool slightly
3. Cook the sausages in a roasting tin in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through. Add the tomatoes and a sprig of rosemary to the tin and cook for a further 8-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Place the potato and cabbage mixture into the pan and press down to make a large cake. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. It should be lightly golden on both sides - alternatively shape into individual patties.
5. Serve the sausages with the bubble and squeak cut into wedges and the roasted tomatoes.
Rate This Recipe