- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
For the marinade
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 800 g pork belly
For the dressing
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 handfuls coriander, chopped
- 1 handfuls mint, chopped
For the salad
- 4 bok choy, blanched and refreshed
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ Japanese pears, sliced horizontally
- 1 handfuls frisée lettuce, tips only
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chilli, shredded
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl, add the pork belly and leave over night.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Remove the pork belly and place on a hot griddle for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25 minutes or so, until cooked through. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, and then cut into slices.
3. Place al the ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
4. To make the salad, cut the bok choy in half and place into a bowl. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss in 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
5. Divide the salad and pears between each of 4 dinner plates and place the pork belly on top. Drizzle over the remaining dressing, garnish with fresh coriander and shredded chilli, and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe