- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 x 250 pork chops
- 100 fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 grated parmesan
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250 vegetable oil
For the salad
- 600 g broad beans, podded
- 4-6 baby artichokes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 600 g baby spinach leaves
- 6 tinned anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 small handful mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black peppercorns
1. With a sharp knife, trim any extra fat from the pork chops.
2. Place the pork between two sheets of plastic wrap and bash with a mallet or rolling pin until they're about half the original thickness.
3. Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and oregano in a bowl, and season well. Dip the pork into the egg and then press into the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry the chops for about 6-7 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
5. While the pork is frying, cook the broad beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (2-3 minutes). Drain and refresh in cold water and leave on one side.
6. Trim the stalks and tough outer leaves from the artichokes and cut into quarters. Rub with half the lemon juice to prevent discolouring.
7. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion and artichoke pieces - cook until softened. Add the garlic, spinach and broad beans and heat through. Scatter over the anchovies, chopped mint and sharpen with the remaining lemon juice.
8. To serve, place a pork chop on each plate with a generous helping of salad.
Rate This Recipe