- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 8 pork chops, or 4 chump chops
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 banana shallots
- 2 pears, quartered
- 700 g potatoes
- seasalt and black pepper
For the caper sauce
- 3 handfuls mint leaves
- 1 handfuls flat leaf parsley
- 3-6 tinned anchovies
- 2-3 tsp capers
- 6 tbsp olive oil, approximate quantity
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
1. Flatten the chops with a meat mallet.
2. Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss together with the pork chops. Peel the shallots and quarter the pears, removing the core.
3. Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks, seasoning well with salt and pepper. Toss together with the chops and pears until everything is coated. Leave on one side for 1-2 hours. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
4. Tip the chops, pears, shallots and the marinade into an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the meat is tender. While it's cooking make the caper sauce.
5. For the caper sauce; put the mint, parsley, anchovy fillets, capers, olive oil, Dijon mustard and the lemon juice into a food processor and process until smooth.
6. Serve the chops straight from the oven, with the sauce.
Rate This Recipe