- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 pork chops
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 handfuls wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- handful of parsley, stalks removed
- 2 bunches rocket, leaves only
- 4 tbsp fresh basil, leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaf
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive oil, for mixing
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1. For the salsa verde: finely chop the parsley, rocket, basil and mint and combine in a bowl.
2. Add the capers, anchovy fillets and garlic and mix well.
3. Add enough olive oil to moisten, then add the red wine vinegar and mustard and mix well. If the mixture seems too stiff, add more olive oil. Cover and set aside until needed.
4. Remove a little of the fat from the pork chops. Drizzle a little olive oil over the chops and sprinkle with the thyme. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Heat a heavy-based pan until hot and cook the chops each side until just cooked through, then cook with the fat side down to turn it crispy. Remove the pork from the pan and keep it warm.
6. Heat a little oil in a clean pan and cook the sliced garlic gently until just coloured.
7. Add the sliced mushrooms and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fry the mushrooms until they have softened and coloured and the water has come out of them.
8. Stir in the chopped parsley and add a squeeze of lemon juice towards the end of the cooking time.
9. To serve, put the chops on a plate, spoon over the mushrooms and top with a dollop of salsa verde.
Rate This Recipe