- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- pork sausage meat, from 6 sausages
- 1 cooking apple, finely diced
- 6 dried apricots, finely chopped
- pinch of dried sage
- pinch of ground cumin
- black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- apple sauce
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the sausage meat, apple, dried apricots, sage and cumin. With wet hands, shape the mixture into small, even-sized balls.
2. Season the flour with salt and freshly ground pepper. Coat the meatballs first in the flour, then the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Deep-fry the pork balls until golden brown and cooked through. Drain the pork balls on kitchen paper.
4. Serve warm with apple sauce.
Rate This Recipe