- Serves: 2 as a main meal or 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 dried Thai red chillies
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 large sugar
- 350 g pork loin, minced by hand
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 7 Thai shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 handfuls mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 handfuls Thai basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 large pinches roasted fine rice flour
Tips and Suggestions
Larb should taste hot, sour and salty. Instead of pork, you can also use duck or chicken.
1. Put the dried chillies in a hot frying pan and toast until almost blackened on all sides. Pound to a coarse powder using a pestle and mortar.
2. Combine the stock and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the pork and simmer gently for 5 minutes, until pork is cooked through.
3. Remove from the heat and add lime juice, fish sauce, pounded chilli, shallots and herbs.
4. Sprinkle with the rice flour and serve.
Rate This Recipe