- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus 8-12 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
For the marinade
- 4 onions, cut into wedges
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ground mace
- 1 tsp turmeric
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the pork
- 2 kg pork loin, boned and rolled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 100 g clear honey
For the salad
- 2 bunches watercress
- 3 pears, thinly sliced
- 150 g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 5 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 250 g gorgonzola cheese
1. Place all the ingredients for the marinade into a strong hole-free plastic bag. Add the pork and leave for 8 - 12 hours.
2. When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Remove the pork and reserve the marinade.
3. Heat the oil in a large roasting tray and fry the pork for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to the oven and cook for 1 hour.
4. Add the marinade and stock and cook for a further 20 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat slightly and coat the pork in the honey. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to rest.
6. Meanwhile, to make the salad, place the watercress into a serving bowl and toss in the pear, hazelnuts and lemon juice.
7. Place the hazelnut oil, vinegar, pepper and Gorgonzola cheese into the food processor and blitz until smooth.
8. Slice the pork, pour the dressing over the salad and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe