- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g minced pork
- 25 g suet
- 30 g plain flour
- 1 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sage, chopped
- 50 g almonds
- 1 oranges, grated zest
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp salt and black pepper
- 100 g pappardelle
For the flavoured stock
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped into chunky slices
- 1 heads fennel, finely sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, fresh
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1 litres pork stock, or chicken stock
1. In a big bowl, mix the minced pork, suet, flour, egg yolk, sage, almonds, orange, cumin and seasoning.
2. Shape into small balls, about the size of a walnut, and place on a piece of greaseproof paper. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3. To make the flavoured stock, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a low heat, and fry the onions, carrots, fennel and mushrooms for 5-10 minutes - or until softened. Add the fennel seeds and pour in the stock. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3. Remove the stock from the heat, strain, and pour into a deep casserole dish.
5. Drop the pork dumplings into the hot stock and add the pasta. Cover and bake for 40 minutes, until the pasta is cooked and the dumplings are tender.
6. Serve straight away with Parmesan cheese shavings and crisp croutons.
Rate This Recipe