- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4-6 lean pork steaks
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 60 g ground almonds
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 275 ml chicken stock
- 4 peaches
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- rice or mashed potato, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish and gently fry the onion until pale gold.
2. Add the pork steaks, two at a time, and fry until lightly coloured on both sides.
3. Remove the pork steaks from the pan and put in the ginger, carrots and almonds. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and stir well.
4. Add the stock, replace the pork and bring to a simmer. Cover the casserole dish and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the pork is tender.
5. Meanwhile, place the peaches in a deep bowl, cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 2-3 minutes, then drain the peaches and slip off the skins. Slice the fruit neatly, discarding the stones.
6. Preheat the grill.
7. Once the pork is cooked through, take the chops from the sauce and lay them in an ovenproof dish.
8. Arrange the peach slices on top of the steaks and brush with the warmed honey.
9. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the peaches are hot and the honey starts to caramelise.
10. Meanwhile, pour the sauce into a liquidiser and process until smooth. Return to a clean pan and reheat. Taste and correct the seasoning, and simmer the sauce to thicken if necessary.
11. Spoon the sauce around the pork steaks and serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Rate This Recipe