- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins to chill
- Effort: medium
For the pastry (or use 1x packet shortcrust pastry)
- 220 g '00' flour
- 100 g salted butter, diced
For the pork
- 1 kg pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 150 g Parma ham, sliced
- 150 g Italian black olive tapenade
1. If you're making the pastry, mix the flour in a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Rub in the butter until it reaches a breadcrumb texture. Add about 2 tablespoons of cold water and mix to bind the pastry. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. In the meantime, generously season the pork tenderloin with salt, pepper and rosemary. Wrap the meat in the Parma Ham, making sure that the meat is completely covered.
3. Roll out the pastry, making sure that it is large enough to completely cover the meat, and gently spread the olive paste on top. Place the meat in the middle and wrap the pastry around it. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg, place on a baking tray and bake the oven for about 40 minutes until golden.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve immediately with roasted Mediterranean vegetables and apple sauce.
Rate This Recipe