- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus resting
- Effort: easy
- 600 g pork fillet, trimmed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 oranges, finely grated zest and juice only
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp marsala wine
Tips and Suggestions
Adding salt to the chopped garlic makes it paste-like - perfect for this dish.
Keep an eye on the pork when you're searing it - garlic can burn very easily!
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
2. Mix the garlic, orange zest, chilli, and some salt and pepper with 2 tablespoons olive oil and rub all over the pork.
3. Place an ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish on the stovetop. Add a little oil and sear the pork.
4. Tuck the onions under the pork to prevent it from sticking. Stir in the marsala and 3 tablespoons of the orange juice, then drizzle over a little extra oil.
5. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 45 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through. Remove the pork from the pan and place on a warm platter, covered with foil.
6. Sit the pan on the hob, skim off any excess oil, then add the remaining orange juice and stir well. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
7. Slice the pork, arranging it on a serving platter or individual plates. Top with the onions and orange sauce.
Rate This Recipe