- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2.5 kg foreloin of pork
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Grate the zest from the lemon, then cut the lemon in half and slice it finely. In a mixing bowl, combine the zest, lemon slices, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
2. Remove the pork rind in one piece from the top of the foreloin, making sure that the fat stays underneath the rind. Score a diamond pattern on the top surface of the pork, then rub in the herb-lemon mixture. Put the piece of rind and fat back on top. Tie all the way along the joint with a long piece of kitchen string, then place it in a roasting tin and roast for 1 hour 40 minutes.
3. Remove the pork from the oven and leave to rest for about 15 minutes in a warm place so that the juices can settle throughout the meat.
4. To serve, remove the string and carve the pork into slices, making sure that there is a piece of the crisp pork rind with every portion. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe