- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 24 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- black pepper
- 70 g sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 500 ml ruby port
- 500 ml water
- 1 lobes foie gras
- 1 loaf gingerbread
- 2 heads of frisée, roughly torn
- 10 apple crisps, broken into pieces
- 1/2 bunch of chervil, leaves picked, stalks discarded
- 100 ml olive oil
1. First make the marinade. Place 50g of salt, the sugar, bay leaf, thyme, garlic, port and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook briskly for 2 minutes, then add the foie gras.
2. Remove from direct heat, cool, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove the foie gras from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
3. Cut the gingerbread into 8 slices. Using a 4cm circular biscuit cutter, cut out 3 rounds from each slice.
4. Place 3 slices of gingerbread each on 8 serving plates.
5. Top each gingerbread slice with slices of the marinated foie gras.
6. Season the frisee with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Garnish each plate of foie gras with the frisee, apple crisps and chervil leaves.
8. Mix together the olive oil with a little of the reserved port marinade to make a dressing. Drizzle the dressing over the frisee and serve.
Rate This Recipe