- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 50 g butter
- 3 packets ready-rolled puff pastry, (30cm x 22.5cm)
- 1 kg new potatoes
- splash herb or olive oil
- large bag mixed baby salad leaves
- 50 g almonds, toasted for 5 minutes until golden
- 3 beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 150 g baby spinach
- 450 g smoked mozzarella, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Lightly grease and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Melt half the butter over a gentle heat.
2. Take the ready-rolled pastry sheets and measure out a 14cm x 14cm square. Inside this square, cut another slightly smaller 12cm x 12cm square but dont completely cut through two facing corners.
3. Brush the outside edge lightly with melted butter. Take one of the outside corners and fold it over diagonally to line up with the inside corner of the square; youll end up with two little twists of pastry on the other corner. Repeat from the opposite side, so that it folds over itself again and you are left with a box shape.
4. Brush it with melted butter and place it carefully on the baking tray. Repeat until you have 6 boxes. If you want lids for your boxes, cut six little 7cm x 7cm squares to be the tops of the pies. Brush them with melted butter too, and place them on the baking tray. Cook the pie cases in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
5. Next, put the new potatoes in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 2025 minutes until cooked through. Drain thoroughly and put them in a bowl, then drizzle with a little herb or olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix the salad leaves with the toasted almonds and place on individual
plates. Just before serving the pies, slice the beetroot into wedges and put them on top of the leaves.
7. In a large frying pan, melt the rest of the butter over a medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms with the garlic, then add the baby spinach leaves and allow them to wilt. Chuck in the mozzarella and cook for 2 minutes until it is slightly melted.
8. Spoon the mushroom mixture into the pastry cases and warm them through in the oven for 5 minutes. Serve with the salad and potatoes.
Recipe and image provided by www.infideas.com
Rate This Recipe