- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 150 g tinned sardines, in olive oil, drained
- 1 red onion
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 100 g feta cheese
- sliced French bread, toasted
1. Using your hands, remove the skin and bones from the sardines - simply hold the fish under a gently running tap and rub the skins off with your thumb. Gently open the fish and remove any bones. Flake the flesh and leave on one side
2 Finely dice the red onion. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for about 30 seconds, before plunging them into cold water. Remove their skins and seeds and finely dice the flesh.
3. Toss the tomatoes and onion with the lemon juice, olive oil, cumin seeds and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
4. To serve, rub the toasted bread with olive oil and garlic, and heap the sardines onto the bread. Scatter over the tomato mixture and garnish with the Feta cheese.
Real Cork recommends: enjoy with a neutral white - Arinto Bical or Vital White
Rate This Recipe