- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 cooked crab
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10 green chillies
- 450 g pork shoulder, cubed
- 4 chicken thighs, boned and each cut into 4
- a pinch oregano
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 corn on the cob, griddled, kernels sliced off
- 200 g freshly cooked long grain rice
- juice of 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- a handful of chopped coriander
1. Remove and reserve the meat from the crab, reserving the shell and claw shells.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft, over a medium heat.
3. Then add the chillies, pork and chicken and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the reserved crab shell and claw shells, oregano and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes over a very low heat.
5. About 5 minutes before serving, remove the crab shell and crab claw shells. Add the crab meat and corn kernels.
6. To serve place the freshly cooked rice in the bottom of a deep bowl. Spoon over the crab stew, sprinkle with lime juice and coriander and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe