- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 300 ml double cream
- 300 ml milk
- 500 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids), broken in pieces
- 6 egg yolks
- 75 g icing sugar
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- warm chocolate madeleines
- vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 110°C/gas ¼.
2. Heat the cream and the milk together without allowing to boil.
3. Add the chocolate and stir until melted.
4. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl for 3-4 minutes until pale and foamy.
5. Tip the chocolate mixture and the beaten egg yolks into a blender and whiz until smooth.
6. Strain the mixture through a conical sieve or fine-meshed bowl-shaped sieve.
7. Spoon the mixture into six small china moulds, making sure there is at least 5mm left at the top. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
8. Place in a roasting pan with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides.
9. Bake for 40 minutes until slightly risen.
10. Serve in the moulds with warm chocolate madeleines and vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe