- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1.5 kg whole chicken, washed and patted dry
- 1 bulbs garlic, cut in half
- 50 g butter, softened
- 100 ml teriyaki sauce, such as Kikkoman teriyaki marinade
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 tbsp thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes then drain.
3. Place the chicken into a large roasting tin then arrange the potatoes around the chicken.
4. Mix the butter with the teriyaki sauce and thyme. Smear the butter all over the skin of the chicken, then pop the lemon and garlic into the cavity.
5. Roast in the oven for 1hr 15 minutes, turning the potatoes regularly until lovely and crisp. Serve with your favourite vegetables.
Rate This Recipe