- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes , plus 20 minutes resting
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 400 g rump of beef
- salt, and crushed black peppercorns
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 20 ml truffle oil
- 200 g fine green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 small red onions, peeled
- 150 g butter
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme
1. Season the beef on all sides with plenty of salt and crushed black pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish until hot. Add in the beef and brown on all sides.
3. Remove the casserole dish from the heat. Drizzle 10ml of truffle oil over the beef and sprinkle over the shallot. Set the beef aside in the dish to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Cut the red onions in half widthways. Place the red onion, butter and thyme in a heavy-based saucepan and season well with salt and freshly crushed pepper.
5. Cook over a medium high heat, stirring now and then, until soft and caramelised, around 15 minutes. Remove the outer skin from the onions and keep warm until serving.
6. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add in the green beans and blanch them for 1-2 minutes, then drain, set aside and keep warm.
7. Remove the cooled beef from the casserole dish and slice thinly.
8. Mix the green beans with the beef cooking juices and remaining truffle oil.
9. Serve the sliced beef on warm serving dishes together with the truffled green beans and caramelised onions.
Rate This Recipe