- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the rosti
- 4 large Maris Piper potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled.
- 1 large cooking apple, grated
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 6-8 tbsp vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the leeks
- 4 small leeks
- 4 pieces bresaola
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil
For the dressing
- 100 ml cider vinegar
- 100 g Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g peanut oil
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped sage leaves
1. For the rosti; put the potatoes in a pan with just enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes, before draining in a colander. They should be par-boiled at this stage.
2. When they are cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and grate into a mixing bowl. Add the grated apple and garlic and season well.
3. Mould the mixture into 6 patties and chill for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Trim the leeks and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the bresaola around the leeks, place in a casserole dish and drizzle olive oil on top. Roast for 15 minutes, or until the leeks have softened. Keep warm.
5. Heat enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan, and fry each rosti for about for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
6. For the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic and gradually add the oil before tipping in the chopped sage.
7. Place a wrapped leek on top of each rosti and spoon over the dressing. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe