- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 waxy potatoes, such as Romano or Maris Bard, sliced
- 1 large head of celeriac, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- butter, for greasing
- 500-600ml chicken, hot
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Layer the potatoes and celeriac in a buttered gratin dish with the garlic, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go.
3. Pour in enough hot stock to come nearly the level of the top layer.
4. Cover with greaseproof paper and bake for 45 minutes.
5. Mix the crème fraîche and mustards in a bowl.
6. Spread over the top of the gratin. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the celeriac and potatoes are tender. (Do not add the cream mixture before step 6, as mustard turns bitter when cooked for too long).
Rate This Recipe