- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large celeriac
- 2 large floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 75 ml milk
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 75 g butter
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- 80 g stichelton or stilton cheese, crumbled
- 8 Spanish spring onions, outer leaves removed
- olive oil, for brushing
1. Boil the celeriac and potatoes separately until tender, drain and mix together. Place back on the heat for a minute or so to dry them out as this will give a better texture to the mash.
2. Heat the milk and the cream over a low heat (you might not need all the amount suggested in the recipe but heat it anyway.)
3. Mash the veg and whisk in the hot milk and butter. Season and add the nutmeg if you wish. Finally add the stichelton, cover and keep warm.
4. Brush the spring onions with a little olive oil, cook them on a hot grill pan until tender.
5. Serve the mash in a heated bowl with the spring onions on top.
Rate This Recipe