- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 medium potatoes, skin on, grated
- 1 courgettes, grated
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 0.5 lemon zest
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ml tamari
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 500 g spinach leaves
- 50 ml light olive oil
For the lemon and cumin dressing
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml miso
- 15 ml tamari
- 225 g smoked tofu
- 15 ml clear honey
1. Mix the potato and courgette together in a large bowl and leave for 5-10 minutes.
2. Using a tea towel, squeeze out any excess liquid until you have a dry pulp.
3. Add the poppy seeds, lemon zest, thyme, black pepper, Tamari and rice flour and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into small handfuls and shape into balls about the size of small oranges.
5. Flatten a little to make fritters and set aside.
6. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients together in a blender and whiz together.
7. Heat the light olive oil in a heavy based frying pan and fry the fritters for about 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness.
8. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
9. To serve, place a little pile of raw baby spinach leaves in the centre of a plate, and top with a couple of fritters.
10. Drizzle over the lemon and cumin dressing and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe