- Serves: Makes 2 loaves
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus overnight resting and rising
- Effort: medium
- 20 g yeast
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 8 new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g dill, chopped
1. Dilute the yeast in a little warm water. Put the flour and salt into a bowl, add the diluted yeast, and slowly add enough water to the flour until the mixture forms soft dough. Knead well and then leave to rest overnight.
2. Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes, leave to cool, then cut into quarters.
3. Heat the oil and butter together in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the potatoes and garlic, until the potatoes are golden, then leave to cool.
4. Lightly grease a baking tray. Divide the dough into two pieces and flatten them into an oval shape. Place on the baking tray and leave to rise for 1-2 hours.
5. Set the oven to 220°C/gas 8. Cover the two pieces of dough equally with the potato mixture, pressing it in firmly. Sprinkle with chopped dill and bake for 25 -30 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Rate This Recipe