- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g prepared puff pastry
- oil, for greasing
- 450 g potatoes, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 egg yolks
- 150ml carton whipping cream
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. On a lightly floured board, roll out two circles of puff pastry, one slightly larger than the other.
3. Grease a 24-25cm ovenproof frying pan or round gratin dish. Line with the larger pastry circle.
4. Mix the potatoes with the garlic, parsley and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Layer the potatoes in the pan. Cover with the pastry lid, trim the edges and seal firmly with a fork. Brush with the beaten egg.
6. Cut a small hole in the middle of the lid to allow the steam to escape.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
8. Whisk the egg yolks and cream together.
9. Remove the pie from the oven. Using a funnel, slowly pour in the eggy cream. If you prefer, you can delicately run the tip of a knife around the pastry, gently lever up the lid and then pour in the cream.
10. Return the pie to the oven for 10 minutes.
11. Cut into triangular wedges and serve hot from the pan.
Rate This Recipe