- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling time
- Effort: easy
- 4 potatoes
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 100 g gruyère cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, then drain and set aside to cool. When they are cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and slice them thinly.
2. Divide the vegetable oil between two small non-stick frying pans and place them both over a medium-high heat. Add the potato slices, garlic and onion, making sure they are well coated in the oil. Cook for 2 minutes until the potatoes and onions are soft.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a large bowl. Drain the oil from the frying pans and add the potato mixture to the eggs, followed by the grated cheese and salt. Mix well to combine.
4. Heat the olive oil in the frying pans. Pour the tortilla mixture into them, smoothing the top over, and cook until set. Cover each pan with a flat plate and turn the tortillas out onto the plate. Immediately slip the uncooked sides back into the pan and cook for another 2 minutes, until the other side is a very light brown.
5. Cut the tortillas into quarters and stack high on a serving plate, alongside other tapas dishes if desired.
Rate This Recipe