- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 large green chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 tbsp Madras curry powder
- 250 g Puy or green lentils
- 500 g baby potatoes, skin on and cut into quarters
- 1 cans coconut milk
- chopped coriander
- blanched Asian greens, like bok choi
- steamed basmati rice
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and lightly fry the onions garlic, ginger and chillies.
2. When the onions become translucent, add the lentils and stir in the curry powder. Cover generously with water, and leave to simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, and stock, adding a bit more water if needed. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked, then stir in the coconut milk and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Served with steamed basmati rice, garnishing with chopped coriander if desired and blanched Asian greens.
Rate This Recipe