- Serves: makes about 24
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 0.5 tsp dried mango powder
- 0.5 tsp garam masala
- 300 g waxy potatoes, boiled, peeled and roughly mashed
- 150 g paneer, crumbled
- 1 pinches salt
- 2 sprigs sprigs coriander, finely chopped
- 500 g filo pastry, or ready-to-use samonsa strips or spring rolls strips
1. Line a baking tray with kitchen foil and heat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
2. In a bowl, mix together the amchoor, garam masala, potatoes and paneer. Season with salt and sprinkle in the coriander.
3. Lay a sheet of pastry on a flat surface. Place a spoonful of the potato mixture in the corner of the sheet.
4. Fold the pastry over the filling to make a triangle-shaped parcel. Repeat the process until all the samosa strips have been used.
5. Place the samosas in the lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, turning over once to cook both sides. Serve the samosas hot or cold accompanied with tamarind and jaggery chutney.
Rate This Recipe