- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 225 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 225 g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 175 g onions, chopped
- 1 pinches freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 850 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 150 ml milk, or 75ml milk and 75ml cream
- 225 g chorizo sausages, or kabanossi sausage, sliced into rounds, 1/4 cm thick
Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat over the hob. Chuck the potatoes, parsnips and onions into the pan until coated in butter and season. Cover the vegetables with butter-smeared greaseproof paper, put on the saucepan lid and sweat over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
Add the stock to the vegetables, bring to the boil and continue cooking until the vegetables are all soft (another 5 minutes or so). While the veggies are cooking, fry the chorizo in a splash of olive oil in a frying pan on the hob. Take off when it is crisp, reserving the oil.
When the vegetables are cooked, give the soup a quick whizz with a hand-blender till smooth, stir in the creamy milk and season to taste.
Serve a ladleful of the hot soup in a hot bowl, top with about 6 slices of cooked chorizo and drizzle a little of the oil from the pan over the top. Decorate with a few flat parsley leaves.
Rate This Recipe