- Serves: 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 45 ml milk
- 75 g self-raising flour
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 45 ml soured cream
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender; drain well and mash with the milk.
2. Transfer the mashed potato to a mixing bowl and allow to cool. Beat in the flour, egg yolks and soured cream. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Using a metal spoon carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the potato mixture.
4. Heat a little oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add 3-4 tablespoons of the potato blini mixture. Fry over medium heat until set, then turn the potato blinis over and fry briefly so that both sides are lightly browned.
5. Remove and keep warm. Repeat the process until all the potato mixture has been used.
Rate This Recipe