- Serves: 8 blinis
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g floury potatoes, such as King Edwards or Maris Piperpeeled and boiled
- 60 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 egg whites
- crème fraîche, to serve
- smoked salmon, to serve
1. Put the potatoes through a ricer or mash them. Place in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the flour.
3. Beat 3 eggs together in a bowl and mix them into the potatoe mixture.
4. Add the milk and a pinch of nutmeg.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
6. Fold a third of the whisked egg white into the potato mixture. Fold in the remaining whisked egg white, taking care not to knock the air out of the mixture.
7. Heat a lightly oiled blini pan or small, heavy-based frying pan.
8. Drop in spoonfuls of the potato batter onto the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Once fried, remove the potato blinis from the pan and keep warm.
9. Repeat the process until all the batter has been used up.
10. Serve the pancakes topped with crème fraiche and smoked salmon.
Rate This Recipe