- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 large potatoes
- 12 sardines, gutted, backbone and head removed
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1 large spring onion, thinly sliced into julienne strips
- 10 g oregano leaves
- 100 g feta cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180 C fan/gas 6.
2. Add the oil to a pre-heated heavy based frying pan.
Layer the potatoes so they cover the base of the pan, overlapping as you go so they stick together. Leave to cook in the oven for a few minutes or until the base starts to brown.
3. Lay the sardines on top skin side up followed by the tomatoes and onion. Sprinkle over the oregano leaves, crumble over the feta cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Serve.
Rate This Recipe