- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1cm pieces
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 100 ml cream
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
- 125 g chorizo sausages, sliced
- 125 g feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 180C /gas 4.
2. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and boil for 5 minutes, or until just cooked- do not overcook or they will become mushy. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat a large oven-proof frying pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the sliced onion, cover and cook gently on a low heat until soft and slightly golden. Set aside.
4. In a bowl whisk the eggs, add the cream, the salt and marjoram and stir in the chorizo, cooked onions and potatoes.
5. Heat the frying pan again, add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and when hot pour in the egg mixture.
6. Stir briefly to distribute the ingredients evenly and top with the crumbled feta cheese.
7. Cook in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until set in the centre.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before sliding onto a large serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Butternut squash, chorizo and feta frittata: Do exactly the same as above but replace the potato with the same weight of chopped butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed. Leave out the chorizo for a non-meat option
Rachel's Favourite Food
Rate This Recipe