- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g jersey royal potatoes
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
For the spicy salsa
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 limes, juice only
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- handfuls coriander
- 1 chilli, finely chopped, or to taste
For the garlic dip
- 250 g soured cream
- 1/2 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- handfuls chives
1. Slice the potatoes wafer-thin using a mandoline. Wash under cold running water to remove any excess starch and pat dry with kitchen paper or a tea towel.
2. Heat the oil either in a heavy-based saucepan or in a deep fat fryer to about 160C/320F if you are doing this in a pan, you will need a thermometer to check the temperature. Do not leave the pan or fryer unattended. Add the potatoes to the fryer and cook until lightly browned. Remove the potatoes using a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain.
3. Shake off any excess fat and coat the chips in the sea salt, smoked paprika and curry powder.
4. For the spicy salsa: mix all the salsa ingredients in a bowl, adding chilli, salt and pepper, to taste.
5. For the garlic dip: mix all the dip ingredients together in a separate bowl.
6. Serve the chips straight away with pots of the tomato salsa and garlic dip.
Rate This Recipe