- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 650 g smallbaking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 4 tbsp chopped mixed herbs, such as tarragon, parsley and chives
- 1/2 finely lemons, grated zest only
- 100 g freshwhite breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 g smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water, then add a little salt and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are almost but not quite cooked. Drain in a colander and cool slightly.
2. Mix together the herbs, lemon zest and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
3. Season the potatoes, with salt and pepper, then dip them in the beaten egg whites and coat in the herb crumbs.
4. Heat a dry frying pan, add the bacon and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
5. Heat the oil in the pan, add the potatoes, and fry until golden all over. Return the bacon to the pan, toss with the potatoes and serve.
Rate This Recipe