- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 hrs rising time
- Effort: easy
- 500 g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp salt
- 20 g yeast
- 300 ml water
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 8-10 new potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- rock salt, to sprinkle
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, destalked
- 150 g buffalo mozzarella
1. Put the flour, salt, yeast and water into a bowl and mix to form a dough. Leave in the bowl to double in size for about 1 hour.
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and flatten with your hands, then brush with olive oil and, using your fingers, make indentations over the surface.
3. Layer the potatoes over the top, sprinkle with a little rock salt and stud with the rosemary sprigs. Leave to rise on the baking tray for 1 hour.
4. Break mozzarella into pieces and spread over the top.
5. Set the oven to 220°C/gas 8. Bake the bread for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle the loaf with more olive oil, then transfer to a wire rack and serve when slightly cooled.
Rate This Recipe