- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- butter, for greasing
- 2 kg large potatoes, peeled and sliced 1-1.5cm thick
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 100 g gruyère or cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 250-375 ml cream
- 2 tsp salt, or more if using flaky salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6. Grease the base and sides of a shallow 30 x 25cm baking dish.
2. Place the sliced potatoes, garlic, cheese, cream, salt and some freshly ground black pepper in the baking dish. Toss to combine, making sure each potato slice is coated with cream.
3. Spread out the mixture evenly in the dish and bake until potatoes are tender and golden ' about 1-1¼ hours.
Rate This Recipe