- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 30 g blanched potatoes, finely diced
- 30 g mixed lentils, cooked
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 ripe medium avocado
- 20 g frisée lettuce
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
For the vinaigrette:
- 125 ml olive oil
- 125 ml red wine
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1. First make the vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil and red wine until emulsified. Mix in the shallot, tomato puree, chives and parsley.
2. In a bowl, mix together the diced potatoes, lentils and chives.
3. Mix in 6 tablespoons of the vinaigrette (reserving the remainder for future use), season with salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside to allow the flavours to mingle.
4. Meanwhile, peel the avocado half and cut it into fine slices. Fan the avocado slices on a serving plate.
5. Place the potato and lentil salad in the centre of the avocado, then top with the frisee. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar around the avocado. Serve.
Rate This Recipe